Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
I spent a day and then overnight here with friends and unfortunately it pretty much rained the entire time, so I didn’t take many if any photos. The seafront and the beach looked good in the rain, so i imagine it would be stunning on a beautiful sunny day.
As you can imagine I didn’t fancy walking around getting soaked to the bone, so we pretty much walked until we found the nearest pub, then onto the next and so on. Certainly wasn’t going to waste time moping in the hotel that’s for sure. The best area we found for food and nightlife was definitely down by the beach, it was a fair old trek down a hill, but worth it. There are restaurants, cocktail bar and a casino, though I didn’t go in there. We enjoyed a nice meal in Le Ker Bleu, 4 cheese pizza for me and onto Bahia for beer and cocktails until it closed at 1am. Of course we wanted to carry on and were told that the Le Britannia pub was open until 3am, lets go… The only downside it was on the other side of town and meant walking back up that hill, which was always going to be fun, especially after you’ve had a few. Plus all the street lights had gone out by that time of night, so everything was in darkness.
After what felt like an age of walking in the rain, we finally reaching Le Britannia pub and it really was like a little britain, with darts, a pool table and even a red telephone box. The walk was worth it as It had the best atmosphere of the bars we had visited so far and friendly locals who were very happy to try and talk to us strange foreigners.
I definitely would come back again, hopefully when the time comes it will be when the sun is shining and we get to check out all the stunning scenery.
Perros-Guirec (pronounced Pe-Ros-Gi-Rek)
- There are three large sandy beaches.
- A stone saint (Oratoire de Saint-Guirec) sits in the waves on Saint Guirec Beach and has matches stuck up her nose by virgins! (only accessible at low tide).
- Perros-Guirec is twinned with Teignmouth in the southwest of the United Kingdom.
There’s no shortage of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets, ranging from luxury 5* hotels to budget 2*, airbnb or campsites. I stayed in Hotel de Perros
A car would be best for getting around, as public transport is few and far between and there are a fair few hills.
- Bike, Rent a cheap electric bike, 10€ the day, 55€ per week.
- Bus, TILT network includes 6 regular bus lines.
- Car, there are 920 free parking spaces available, most are near the stadium 48 Yves Le Jannou View free parking map.
- Shuttle, The Puffin Shuttle is free and runs mornings from 9:30 to 12:30.
- ALLO TAXIS PERROSIENS: 06 08 28 84 56/06 09 79 92 37
- ANNE TAXI: 06 07 49 73 32/02 96 48 75 40
- BENASSE: 02 96 23 20 35/06 82 62 42 17
- PERROS TAXI: 06 07 76 40 02/02 96 23 37 32
- Walking, there are some stunning coastal paths to explore.
- Boat trip out to the Sept Iles and the bird sanctuary.
- Grand Site Naturel de Ploumanac’h (Lighthouse)
- Walking coastal paths
- Chapelle St Guirec (Church)
- Moulin de la lande du Crac’h (Windmill)
- Cite des Telecoms (Science Museum)
- Musee de l’Histoire et des Traditions de Bretagne (Small History & traditions of Brittany museum)
- Oratoire de Saint-Guirec, only accessible at low tide (A stone saint sits in the waves and has matches stuck up her nose by virgins!)
- Parc des Sculptures (Park full of local granite sculptures)
- Planetarium de Bretagne (Check out the stars)
- Pors Rolland (Picturesque cove)
- The Saint-Jacques (Church)
- The Chapel of Clarity (Church)
- Valley of Traouïero (walk through unspoilt valleys haunted by numerous legends)
- Water sports
- Bahia Cafe (Cocktails, open til 1am)
- Le Celtic
- Le Dockland
- Le Britannia (Open until 3am)
- Le Ker Bleu (Great pizza)
- Lunchtime, all work stops for two hours and countless white vans, even articulated lorries, clog up the village squares, while the workers “relax” in their local.
- City map here
- There are 920 free parking spaces available, most are near the stadium 48 Yves Le Jannou View free parking map.
- Get £25 off your first Airbnb trip of £55 or more click here.