Roundme is one of the best platforms around for sharing your 360 photos, creating virtual tours, its very easy to use and one of the few to support 3D 360.
Uploading is very simple, just drag and drop a 360 photo or by clicking the browse button and select your 360 photo. You don’t need to worry about size as Roundme has one of the highest limits at 64,000 x 32,000 px, Minimum panorama size: 5,000 x 2,500. Supports TIFF and JPEG files, which is great for DSLR users. 3D 360 is a max of 16,000 х 16,000.
Here is a sample virtual tour uploaded to Roundme (shot on Xiaomi Mi Sphere).
Here is a RoundMe demo of a Pro Embedded tour:
Basic Account – Free
Pro Account – $12.99 a month or $99/year
- 15 Uploads a week (Once the number of maximum uploads is reached, the counter will be reset the following week).
- Hotspots add text, images, video (youtube, vimeo).
- Add GPS with Google map.
- Select starting view.
- Add a welcome screen intro with an image or video.
- Unlimited Storage
Pro ($99 Annually or $12.99 a month)
- Everything basic account.
- Unlimited uploads.
- Highest Quality Panoramas.
- Replace Panoramas
- Download original files
- Branded Embeds.
- Multiresolution Support.
- Hotspots add directional sound for each individual pano, add text, images, video (youtube, vimeo) and external links.
- Unlisted tours.
- Add camera info.
- Offline tours with the Android app.
Pro Embed ($15 lifetime of tour) Pro account not needed))
- Custom logo.
- Show/hide tour title, pano title, location and author.
- Show/hide previews (thumbnails)
- Turn the map on/off or open by default
- Show/hide portals or change them from pin to circle with or without title on hover.
- Show/hide hotspot or change the style and upload your own custom icon.
- Little planet entrance.
White List (£10 lifetime of tour) Pro account not needed))
- Choose who can view the tour, anyone, anyone with link or just you.
- set domain where the tour will work.
Custom Maps ($5 lifetime of tour)
- Add a floor plan
Stock (Buy & Sell photos)
- For creators There are no limits to the amount of photos you can add to stock, but they are very strict on quality and only the best will be considered.
- For customers You can go to the “Stock” section and browse the images looking for specific keywords (e.g. “sunset”). When you find an image that you like, you can download a free low-res watermarked image to test it in 360 and then, if you like it, buy it. It’s a marketplace only tailored on high resolution 360 photos. So, not a generic stock photos website. Images are really expensive Low-res ones cost $175. Medium-res cost $375. Hi-res cost $575. Yes really, $575 for a single photo!
- Detect arrival direction (orientation) portals have a fixed view and it doesn’t detect which direction you came from, it won’t matter what direction you arrive, it will show you the same view.
- Change the hotspot icon. Currently only available in pro embed, this should available to a pro account like other competitors.
- I’d like to see more hotspot icon options and ability to change the size, opacity and rotation.
- Add hotspot behavior so it follows your movement on screen.
- Change portals to arrows. Currently limited options are available in pro embed, these should be available to a pro account.
- Autorotation and the ability to change the speed and direction. Currently only available in pro embed, this should available to a paid pro account like other competitors.
- Little planet entrance. Currently only available in pro embed, this should available to a pro account.
- The ability to add filters, B&W, vintage, bloom etc. like other competitors.
- The ability to add a lens flare and different types like other competitors.
- The ability to overlay text, including emojis.
- Add custom fonts.
- A choice of transition effects when moving between panos.
- Zoom in on hotspot images allowing you to read small print of a menu.
- Add PDF Files, so you can easily embed a restaurant menu.
- Allow links and hashtags in tour description.
- Allow more characters in tour description.
- Add description for each pano.
- Add option for a Nadir or zenith patch.
- Add a floor plan for free like other competitors. Currently only available as custom maps $5 add on.
- Embeddable slideshows.
- Upload to Google street view.
- Tour Analytics.
- Support for 360 video tours.
- Add a search function on the mobile app when looking through your own uploads. Currently have to endlessly scroll to find what you want, tedious when you have 150 or more uploads.
You can easily embed your tour when in preview mode, simply select the more functions (3 dots in the top right) and select embed. Unless you choose to pay for whitelisting, anyone can do this and embed you tour if its published publicly. You can choose to unlist your tour, that way it remains hidden to everyone but you and then select the embed code.
To select the start view of a pano, simply position it to your preferred view and select ‘capture snapshot’. When I first started I initially thought this was to take a screenshot, why they choose to use the wrong description I don’t know.
If you find mobile gyro isn’t working then after your iframe embed code add this script: <script src=”https://static.roundme.com/patch/mobile-gyro-patch.js”></script>
- I found if you let your subscription expire all your unlisted tours will disappear from your dashboard, however they were still working ok on my website. After renewing my subscription the unlisted tours returned a day later, but they were now all published. I had to re check unlisted in the editor of the tour if I didn’t want it to remain public.
Roundme has a very nice simple interface for presenting and editing with, it’s extremely easy to use and allows high picture quality with easy to share/embed options. Being able to replace a panorama if you’ve made improvements in a tour is great and saves time having to re add hotspots etc, the only noticeable downside I found, if it is a landing pano for an embed you’ll have to get a new embed code, but that’s no biggie. If you happen to lose your copy of a pano you can easily re download it. I do like the ability to create folders amongst the on screen thumbnails allowing you to easily organise your tour photos instead of having a huge bunch in a line. They have Pro Embedding which lets you pay that bit extra to embed your tours, but this will keep all its hotspots and company logos even if you choose not to renew your subscription.
It does have some limitations, you can add a title for each individual pano, but you can’t add a description for each (forcing you to use a hotspot). You can only add a brief description to a tour as a whole. External links don’t work in the description, nor do hashtags. You have to pay for pro embed to add simple features like autorotation, little planet entrance, change portals and hotspot icons that all should be available if you’ve paid for a pro account. You can organise your tours into galleries, but you can’t embed a gallery. I haven’t really found this to be of much use, as the search tool is powerful enough to quickly find a tour anyway. Be aware that if you embed with your pro account but decide not to renew, all your embedded tour logos will revert back to the roundme logo, unless you have paid for the pro embed feature. This is to be expected, but I have read some complaints about it.
I’ve been using Roundme now for almost a year and I have to say i’m a little disappointed not to have seen any updates to what’s available to pro users during this time. I hope they up there game as they are fast being overtaken by the likes of Kuula. They’ll need to keep an eye on VeerVR too who are now offering virtual tours, including video tours, currently in its infancy, they both now also support 3D 360.
Really now all Roundme has to offer that others don’t is the highest resolution, great for DSLR shooters and the built in Google map pinpointing the photos location. Based on this I wouldn’t recommend it to those of you with a one shot 360 camera. However I would recommend it, if your a high res dslr shooter.
If you’re interested in giving it a look, go to the Roundme website.