Newquay known as the surf capital of the UK where waves from the Atlantic Ocean create strong surf and famous for the Boardmasters surfing championships, held at Fistral Beach, which attract competitors from all over the world.
360 images available to purchase here or watermarked at half price here.
Click here for more Tiny Planets
Newquay was originally the fishing port of Towan Blistra before the new quay was built in the fifteenth century.
There are many places to stay in Newquay, camping is always the cheapest option and there are plenty to choose from.
- Camping, I’ve stayed at Trethiggey numerous times over the years. £16.50 per adult, then the pitch fee £3.40 for non electric.
- Airbnb, from £47 a night for private a room in a flat. From £127 a night for entire place.
- Hotel, from £40-£120 a night
Get £25 off your first Airbnb trip of £55 or more click here.
- Berties (Night Club)
- Bowgie Inn
- Central Inn
- Sailors (Pub & Night Club)
- Watering Hole
- Blue Reef Aquarium
- Newquay Zoo
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway
- Fistral Beach
- Bedruthan Steps Beach
- Perranporth Beach
- Porth Beach
- Porth Joke Beach
- Crantock Beach
- Great Western Beach
- Healey’s Cyder Farm
- Holywell Bay Beach
- Holywell Bay Golf
- Lusty Glaze Beach
- Tolcarne Beach
- Towan Beach
- Watergate Bay beach
- Bus, First Kernow the main bus service in the county of Cornwall. There’s a great range of tickets available including Day Singles and Returns, Day Explorer Tickets (unlimited one-day use) and Family Tickets. Under fives or eligible concessionary pass-holders travel free! Call at their Travel Shop at Manor Road Bus Station for bus maps and timetables or visit their website First Kernow for up to date information about their services.
- Road Train, open-air journey around town with the conductor’s well-informed commentary. A fully flexible ticket and hop-on-hop-off service offers excellent value for money, allowing you a full day’s access to this form of alternative transport!
- Taxi, If you want to get somewhere extra quickly or have a journey to make that isn’t served by public transport and you don’t want to drive then consider it, but be prepared for it to be expensive. From my past experience I would make sure you settle on a price before leaving and that it’s for the trip and not for each person. A 9 mile return journey from A2B (Pats Cab turned up) minibus of 13, cost us £65 each way £130. The same in Devon would be £20 or less each way on the highest tariff and split between all in the vehicle.
- Walk, Many places in Newquay of interest to visitors are within walking distance. Some outlying suburbs and beaches are 2.5m (4km) or more from the centre.
- Bus, National Express run four times a day from London Victoria (NX406, 503 and 504) via Heathrow Airport, Reading, Plymouth or Exeter, and Bodmin, taking 8 hours to Newquay and continuing to Penzance. Redwood Travel (on behalf of Megabus) runs the same Victoria-Newquay route daily; it doesn’t extend to Penzance.
- Car, Follow the M5 to Exeter, then take the A30 to Newquay. Leave this road near Indian Queens and continue on the A39 and then A392 which takes you directly into the town.
- Fly, Cornwall Airport Newquay There are flights from Alicante, Copenhagen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Faro internationally and Aberdeen,Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, and Newcastle domestically. Most flights are seasonal.
- Train, Newquay station is the terminus of a branch line that connects to the main line at Par. From Par, trains run hourly to London Paddington (4 hr 30 min, via Plymouth, Exeter and Reading) and to Penzance (1 hour) There are six or seven trains a day between Par and Newquay, so check before travel to avoid long waits at Par. Newquay station is just east of town centre on Cliff Rd.
- Be aware of the seagulls if your outside with food.
- Get £25 off your first Airbnb trip of £55 or more click here.
If you found this helpful, please like and follow my social pages
Click here to Explore More of the UK in 360º
Have you been to Newquay? What did you do? Where would you recommend to go or eat?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?