Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
Im not one for shopping, but I do like gadgets and this place was full of them. There are 5 floors and on the second is IT Junction, it was here where I found a great deal for a mobile sim from AIS, 30 days unlimited data at 4mbps for 500 THB (£12).
The mall itself has certainly seen better days, but thanks to bargains and technical specialists for things like repairs and upgrades it will keep pulling in the crowds. The problem for some is that Pantip Plaza openly sells counterfeit products alongside genuine, top-of-the-range models so just be sure to check before you buy. The best way to spot a counterfeit item is its price, if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Level 5 is IT City and the products here are legitimate. You will find that each floor gets quieter and more abandoned than the last as you continue to make your way up. We came across a cool retro gaming cafe, I forget which floor I think it was 4, but if you like your old school games & consoles this floor was full of them.
Pantip Plaza is an IT shopping mall. The mall has 5 levels, there are hundreds of small shops specialising in computer hardware, software, and accessories, including repair, modifications, networking, secondhand, laptops, Macintosh and peripherals. IT City is on the top floor and is the main department.
- Ground Floor – Random assortment of electronics.
- Level 1 – IT Junction, an even larger collection of seemingly random electronic goods and refurbished electronics.
- Level 2 – Lifestyle lots of photography shops and some restaurants.
- Level 3 – Hardware and Food Street. Selection of new and second-hand computer. The food court is Thai cuisine only.
- Level 4 – Solution, If you have any broken gadgets that need fixing this is where to go.
- Level 5 – IT City. It is a bit more organized than the rest of Pantip Plaza.
Opening Times: 10:00 – 21:00 (every day).
- Shopping for Gadge
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00 (every day).
- Level 2, IT Junction, was where I found a great deal for a mobile sim.
- IT City is on level 5.
- If you eat the street food like the locals, you’ll be hard-pressed to spend more than 200 THB a day on food (maybe not even that).
- Make sure you get a metered taxi.
- Negotiate with tuk-tuk drivers.
- Haggle in the markets, especially if buying in bulk.
- If your on a budget, Ham & Cheese Toasties from 7-11 are a great, cheap & quick meal.
- Get £3 ($5) credit for your first Uber ride here.