Insta360 have unveiled the Pro 2 the most notable improvements are:
- HDR up to 9 exposures (Original was 3)
- 3D Video now 7680 x 7680 at 30fps, 6400 x 6400 at 60fps, 3840 x 3840 at 120fps. (Original 6400 x 6400 at 30fps or 3840 x 3840 at 60fps)
- 2D Video 7680 x 3840 at 60fps, 7680 x 3840 at 30fps (HDR), 3840 x 1920 at 120fps. (Original 7680 x 3840 at 30fps or 3840 x 1920 at 120fps.
- Live Streaming & record 8K 3840 x 1920 at 30fps (2D, while recording 8K) or 3840 x 3840 at 30fps (3D while recording 6K) (Original 3840 x 1920 at 30fps (2D while recording 4K) or 3840 x 3840 at 24fps (3D while recording 4K)).
- Mic input on top and bottom (Original only on the bottom)
- 9-axis gyro-based image stabilization. (Original only 6-axis)
- Six Micro SD cards + 1 SD card, External SSD not supported (Original One SD card, External SSD was supported via USB 3.0)
- GPS built in (Originally was an optional accessory)
- Long range Wi-Fi up to 300 meters. (Original wifi was the cameras weakest point)
- Faster start time 20 seconds or less. (Original took up to a minute).
- Battery 5100 mAh (Original 5000mAh but will still fit the new camera).
- Weight 1.55kg (Original 1228g).
There are some great new features, no longer a need for a gimbal with flowstate stabilisation on a pro camera is very rare and could be the most notable feature for this camera. Built in GPS and the ability to bracket shoot 9 exposures should yield some amazing results. The actual photo resolution hasn’t actually changed, but there are improvements to dynamic range and bit depth in firmware. Now having 7 SD cards would suggest a longer workflow, but I have been told when plugging the camera directly into a computer to download file (you can do this manually), the Insta360 studio software will automatically download the files into separate folders on your hard drive and when you choose one it will automatically locate and select the other files for you saving time.
Insta360 Pro 2 is available for preorder for $4,999.95 from Insta360 directly, or from B&H Photo. The actual release date is not yet known.