Basic old-fashioned cider house with plenty of atmosphere; around 30 reasonably priced ciders (some very strong), the black rat or diesel being the strongest, the later coming coloured bright orange. There a a couple of perries, even more in bottles, good country wines from the cask too, baguettes, pasties etc and friendly staff.
One of the few remaining true Cider Houses in the country, and a past winner of CAMRA Cider Pub of the Year. The furniture is hard wooden seating and tables. The bar front is made out of old barrels. Regular live folk music, small back games room with bar billiards; dogs welcome, terrace tables, open all day. A must visit if you are in the area.
- Changed hands in February 2020.
- Dogs welcome
Unknown. Can you help fill in the blank?
- Monday 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- Tuesday 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- Wednesday 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- Thursday 11.00 am – 11.30 pm
- Friday 11.00 am – 12.30 am
- Saturday 11.00 am – 12.30 am
- Sunday Midday – 11.00 pm
- Real Ale is NOT Available
There’s a choice of 7 Ciders, plus guests, also Perries and a large variety of Fruit Wines.
Bar snacks are available.
99 East Street, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2LD.
- Bus Routes Close 13, 12, 39, X64, 77.
- Railway Station Close.