The area is much bigger than you think and for sure i will be coming back when I have more time to walk some of the trails and head down to the medieval weir where the riverside paths follow the course of the Bovey. Keep your eyes peeled for a myriad of wildlife, you might even catch sight of the elusive Kingfisher.
- The house of Parke is leased to Devon County Council as the headquarters of the Dartmoor National Park Authority.
- Parke House is a grade II listed building and not open to the public.
- Once a working estate and in the orchard you will find old species of apples.
- Between May and December, the orchard is grazed by three rare breeds of sheep – the Greyface Dartmoor, Devon and Cornwall Longwools and the White Faced Dartmoor.
- Tin used to be extracted from the gravel along the river edge.
- There are several granite posts in the parkland, this is where the old railway once came through.
- Cycle Path
- Parke Run (Every Saturday at 9:00am)
- Spot the array of flora and birdlife.
- Medieval Weir
- Walled Garden & Orchard
- Walking Trails
- Home Farm Café
Walking around the house is easy and wheelchair friendly with only a small hill from the café back to the car park.
- Walking the woodland in places there are steps and will be muddy in places, especially after any rain.
Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot TQ13 9JQ.
- Car, There is a large pay & display car park, although all National Trust members and blue badge holders can park for free.
- Bus, Nearest stop is Dolphin Square outside the Cafe 3 sixty, then it’s a short 10-15 minute walk
- Walk, From the centre of Bovey Tracey follow the river bank from the bridge (almost opposite Station Road car park) through Millmarsh Park and under the Moretonhampstead Road.
- Free parking for National Trust members and blue badge holders.
- Dogs are allowed all year round.
- National Trust car parks in this area do not permit overnight camping or parking.
- Get £50 off your first Airbnb trip click here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?