Click for Interactive 360º
Taking place on the village church meadow in Kingskerswell, this festival has a really nice chilled relaxed atmosphere. With music from a wide variety of bands (the majority of which are local) and with plenty of beer and activities for the kids, this is a festival for all the family to enjoy. For the last few years there’s been 60+ beers, 20+ Ciders and some wines to keep you quenched throughout the day.
Don’t forget to crank up the quality setting to 4k
The Festival is a two day festival, the bars operate on a token-only system. There is a “Night at the Proms” concert taking place on the Thursday evening (£8 early bird ticket, or £10 on the door)
Main Beer, Cider and Wine Event starts:
- Friday (5pm-11pm), £6 per person (for all ages).
- Saturday (11am-11pm), £10 per person (£5 for ages 12-15s Until 4pm).
- Music will play until 11pm.
Drinks tokens cost £2 each or 6 for £10. 1 token = half pint of beer, cider or 125ml of wine.
There’s plenty to choose from, but I personally recommend the pizza’s. Just don’t leave it till peak times as the queue will be huge! You are allowed to take your own food if you want a picnic.
- Bacon baps
- Barney’s Hog roast
- Beef burgers, Hot dogs
- Jacket potatoes
- Fish and chips
- Ice cream, candy floss and crepes
- Ivor Dewdney Pasties
- Piccolo Pizzas
- Pulled pork burgers
- Thai noodles
- The Teign Canteen
I’ve always shared a taxi, but there are a few options. There is no car parking available at the festival, so it’s best to use public transport, a taxi or ask someone to give you a lift.
The postcode of the festival is TQ12 5LD.
- By Bus: The most convenient bus services for the festival are the No 12, X46 or No 66. At ‘Jury’s Corner’ (near the Sloop Hungry Horse pub). The event will be sign posted. It’s about 5-10 minute walk.
- By Train:The closest station is located at Newton Abbot. You’ll then have to jump on the No. 12 bus which stops directly outside the station. Then get off at the Sloop pub and walk following the sign posts.
- By Taxi:
- Torbay Taxis 01803 211611
- Price First Taxis: 01803 322322
- Torbay Cab Company: 01803 292292
- Riviera Taxis: 01803 212600
- Take a foldable chair or picnic blanket
- You can take Unopened soft drinks and bottles of water.
- Dogs are Not allowed (with an exception for assistance dogs)
- There is No cash machine at the festival.
- There is No car parking available at the festival.
- Pay to enter at the gate (cash only for entry and buying drinks tokens)
- Don’t forget the suncream, if it’s a scorcher.
- After the event there can be a 1hr wait for a taxi. Walk to the Lord Nelson for a drink and get picked up from there.
- For more info go to www.summermoonfestival.co.uk