I hadn’t walked along here and down Longmarsh for years, so thought I was overdue a visit. Not much had changed though, other than a few new information signs. Still it’s a nice walk in the sun with an ice cream from the cafe.
Once the thriving river port. The quay is now the centre for the local river cruisers – who daily carry the summer visitors on pleasure trips from Totnes to Dartmouth some 6 miles downstream.
- There is a cafe and ice cream shop.
- Walk to the many restaurants or pubs in town.
Steamer Quay Rd, Totnes TQ9 5AL
- Bus, The Gold bus runs past Steamer quay, It’s just a short walk down the road from Seymour Rd.
- Car, With two large car parks parking is easy. Car park fees Mon-Sun 08:00 – 18:00, £0.50 an hour, 24 Hours £4.00 (2020)
- For free parking you might be lucky around Pathfields or Meadow Brook.
- Easy disabled access.
- Toilets, are situated on Steamer Quay next to the Ice Cream shop.
- Tip: £25 off your first Airbnb trip of £55 or more click here.