Click for Interactive 360º
Situated on the mouth of the River Dart, Dartmouth is a beautiful town with historic streets, scenic river and surrounded by South Devon countryside.
Set on the western side estuary of the River Dart, which is a long narrow tidal river that runs as far as Totnes.
The Britannia Royal Naval College located on the hill overlooking the town and has been training Officers since 1863.
The earliest street in Dartmouth to be recorded by name (in the 13th century) is Smith Street. The Butterwalk was built around 1635 to 1640.
The oldest building is a former merchant’s house in Higher Street, The Cherub, built circa 1380.
- Airbnb, from £20 a night for a private room, while entire apartments/homes can start from around £40 a night, this would be my recommended option.
- Hostel, No hostels in Dartmouth.
- Camping, Dartmouth devon camping, Leonards Cove Holiday Park.
- B&B & Guest Houses, there are plenty to choose just decide if you want self catering or not from £30 to £200 a night.
- Hotel, up to £200 a night at the Royal Castle
- Car, Free on street parking is limited. There is a pay & display car park with 195 spaces or in the summer there’s a park and ride system by Lidl supermarket.
- Bus, The No. 120 from Paignton and cross the lower ferry. From Totnes catch the X64 that stops at the pontoon by the harbour.
- Ferry, you can use either the foot passenger or the lower/higher vehicle ferry.
- Train, catch the steam train from Paignton, then use the ferry.
- Walking, unless you want to head out of town, most things are easily within walking distance.