The Inner Harbour is a small harbour separated from the River Dart by the Embankment, this harbour is only accessible by small boats via a channel under the road. The little harbour is known locally as the ‘Boatfloat’ and is surrounded by busy shops, cafes, restaurants, and many fine Georgian buildings.
It connects to the main Dartmouth estuary via lock gates under the roadway, which are currently disused, and so dries out at low tide.
- Bus, The No. 120 from Paignton and cross the lower ferry. From Totnes catch the X64 that stops at the pontoon by the harbour.
- Car, Use the higher or lower ferry and once in Dartmouth the car park Mayors Avenue, TQ6 9NG has 195 spaces.
- Summer – Mon-Sun 8:00am – 6:00pm
- 30 Mins £0.60
- 1 Hour £1.30
- 2 Hours £2.60
- 3 Hours £3.90
- 4 Hours £5.20
- Overnight £2.00 (Overnight: In after 6:00pm Out by 8:00am)
- Winter – Mon-Sun 8:00am – 6:00pm
- 1 Hour £0.90
- 2 Hours £1.80
- 3 Hours £2.70
- 4 Hours £3.60
- Max £6.00
- Overnight Free (Overnight: In after 6:00pm Out by 8:00am)
- Train, Catch the steam train from Paignton > Kingswear then use the passenger ferry.
- Water taxi, now reduced to £1, multiple ticket purchase reduces this to 60p per trip.