A 360 virtual tour of the Dartmouth Passenger Ferry ideal If your walking and you want to get to or from the heart of Dartmouth.
This is the easiest way to get between Kingswear and Dartmouth if your walking and If you came via the steam train then the ticket may include using the passenger ferry for free. The ferry drops you off right smack in the middle of the town center next to the inner harbour, ideal If your walking and you want to get straight to the heart of Dartmouth.
Click here for more Tiny Planets
Dartmouth Steam Ferry passenger ferry crosses the River Dart between Kingswear and Dartmouth, Devon, UK.
- There are records of a Kingswear Ferry as early as 1365.
- The 630-mile (1,010 km) long South West Coast Path crosses the Dart on either the Lower or Passenger ferries.
- The passenger ferry is operated by Dart Pleasure Craft Limited, which is owned by Dart Valley Railway plc, the owner of the Heritage Dartmouth Steam Railway.
- Dartmouth station remains unique as being a railway station that is open and sells tickets, but has never seen a train, as all passengers connect via the passenger ferry to Kingswear.
Monday to Saturday Times
- First ferry from Kingswear 7:40am – last ferry 11:15pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 7.30am – last ferry 11:10pm.
- First ferry from Kingswear 9:10am – last ferry 11:15pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 9:00am – last ferry 11:10pm.
Note that the crew take a break at the following times (daily):
- Last ferry from Dartmouth before break 6:15pm.
- Last ferry from Kingswear before break 6:20pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth after break 7:00pm.
- First ferry from Kingswear after break 7:10pm.
- Adult £1.50
- Children £0.50 (Under 3’s Free)
The ferry departs from the North Embankment Dartmouth Sat Nav TQ6 9BH. Kingswear TQ6 0AA it departs from the pier behind the train station.
- If you came on the steam train then the ticket may include using the passenger ferry for free.
- If you cross regularly, a book of 20 tickets can be purchased for £10.00 (adults) and £7.50 (children)
- Dogs welcome.
- Find out more on facebook
If you found this helpful, please like and follow my social pages
Click here to Explore More of the UK in 360º
Have you used the passenger ferry? Would you recommend it? What could improve it?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?