Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
The ferry has been transporting vehicles and foot passengers between Dartmouth and Kingswear since the 1700’s. The Ferry is operated using a floating platform pushed along by a tug carrying up to 8 cars. The crossing offers lovely views of Dartmouth, Kingswear, Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth Castle and the open sea. There are records of a Kingswear Ferry as early as 1365.
The Lower Ferry operates 7 days a week all year, apart from Christmas Day.
- Monday to Saturday Times
- First ferry from Kingswear 7:00am – last ferry 10:45pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 7:10am – last ferry 10:55pm.
- Sunday Times
- First ferry from Kingswear 8:00am – last ferry 10:45pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 8:10am – last ferry 10:55pm.
Single Journey Prices:
- Foot passengers/bicycle with rider Adults £1.50
- Children (5-16yrs) £0.50p (under 5’s, dogs go free)
- Motor car/van single ticket £5.00
- Motor car/van return ticket £8.50
- Car & Caravan single ticket £9.00
- Motorcycle single ticket £2.20
- Commercial Vehicle 1000kg-1800kg (UW) single ticket £5.00
- Commercial Vehicle 1801kg – 3500kg (UW) single ticket £6.50
(available for purchase from the ferry)
- Foot Passengers/bicycle with rider – £23.00 40 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £50.00 40 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £27.00 20 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £18.00 10 crossings
- Motorcycle – £16.00 20 crossings
Fleet Cards available for Businesses – £1.30 per crossing
Dartmouth Sat Nav TQ6 9AP, Kingswear TQ6 0AA.
- The ferry is fully equipped to accommodate wheelchair users and crews are there to assist.
- If you cross regularly, ask about the 40 crossing ferry saver.