Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
Plymouth Guildhall located in the heart of the city on Royal Parade, it’s steeped with history and has some very interesting architectural features. It’s seen some great bands play live on stage to.
I’d travelled down with a bunch of mates for the Oktoberfest event, it was a really great atmosphere. They had an umpa lumpa band on stage in between some local cover bands, though it was difficult to hear them in the centre of the room and of coarse the two pint tankards full of beer that were even brought to your table on request by the Bavarian Beer girls dressed in lederhosen.
It was a great afternoon and all seemed well organised at least it was until they started to run out of beer around 7pm, an event that was supposed to run until 11pm. We all decided to leave by 8pm and I have to say I felt so sorry for the girls on the entry tills having to deal with a lot of angry customers. The organisers eventually agreed to refund any beer tokens we had left, the least they could do and we carried on our night into the city instead.
After the event we complained to them through their facebook and twitter pages, but as expected nothing came of it. It was a shame that the event was so poorly prepared to deal with the amount of people. For a ticket only event there are no excuses, they knew how many to expect!
The hall has capacity for 820 people with a balcony for additional or VIP seating, making it one of the largest venues in the South West. Over the years it has hosted many famous performers including Status Quo, Queen and Julian Lloyd Webber. Fourteen stained glass windows line the sides of The Great Hall and they depict notable moments in Plymouth’s history.
Room hire prices
- Weekday rate (8am to 8pm) – £110 an hour
- Evening (after 8pm), Weekend & Bank Holiday rate – £120 an hour
Armada Way, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2AA.
- Car, Parking is available in the guild hall car park 1 Hour £1.30, maximum 3 hours stay Mon-Sun 08:00 – 18:00. After 18:00 no maximum stay, Free after 22:00. On street parking is £1.50 an hour, Mon-Sun 08:00 – 18:00. Overnight 18:00 – 08:00 £2.00. Parking is Free for disabled badge holders.
- Train, It’s only a short easy 10 minute walk from the station.
- Get £3 ($5) credit for your first Uber ride here.