Stopped off for some food before heading into plymouth to watch the Firework Championships. Great food at good prices. It is dark and old fashioned but clean – staff are helpful and polite.
The Kings Head bar is the original building of what is now known as The Ships Tavern and was built sometime in the late 17th century.
- Most Friday and Saturday nights there is a live tribute band playing.
The building is an original Devon longhouse that was initially used as a farm, later being utilized as a scrumpy house with it’s own cider press.
- 11.00 am – 11.00 pm Monday
- 11.00 am – 11.00 pm Tuesday
- 11.00 am – 11.00 pm Wednesday
- 11.00 am – 11.00 pm Thursday
- 11.00 am – Midnight Friday
- 11.00 am – Midnight Saturday
- Midday – 10.30 pm Sunday
Regular cask ales
This pub serves 2 regular beers.
- Dartmoor Jail Ale
- Sharp’s Doom Bar
Changing cask ales
This pub serves 1 changing beer.
- Closed Mon
- 12 – 3, 5 – 9 Tue – Fri
- 12 – 3, 5 – 8 Sat
- 12 – 7 Sun
Arcadia Rd, Elburton, Plymouth PL9 8EG.
- Car There is a huge car park, so this is by far the easiest way to get here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?