Enjoy a virtual tour of Breakwater Beach Brixham, a shingle beach with excellent views across the bay and a great place to watch the sunset.
It was quite busy when I went down, which is always fun with people looking at you thinking what the hell is that weird thing that bloke is wandering around with. Some did ask and I was happy to have a chat to explain what it is and what I was doing. The waters were crystal clear with plenty of people swimming and a couple people snorkeling. Its a very popular beach with tourists and locals and there’s always someone on it. If you like sunsets then this is one of the few locations you can sit and watch in Torbay.
Sometimes there are events on the beach, one of the most popular is Brixfest.
Breakwater is a small shingle beach with is a good level of amenities, including a beach shop, café/restaurant with superb views across the bay. This beach has been awarded the Blue Flag, Good Beach Guide and Quality Coast Award.
- Dogs are banned on the beach during the summer.
- There is beach supervision, life buoys, first aid, lost child centre and a patrol boat. Public toilets are available.
- Low tide exposes rock pools.
This beach has been awarded
- Blue Flag.
- Good Beach Guide.
- Quality Coast Award.
- Deep shelving beach
- Strong winds
- Rock Pooling
- The Breakwater Bistro
- Car, For free parking you might be lucky on Berry Head Road or try around Wall Park Road (postcode TQ5 9UE).
- Breakwater Car Park has 103 spaces
Mon-Sun – All day1 Hour £1.50
90 Mins £2.00
2 Hours £2.50
3 Hours £4.00
4 Hours £4.50
5 Hours £5.50
24 Hours £10.00
(Overnight: In after 10:00pm Out by 8:00am)
- Bus, There is a local bus service, no.17.
- For free parking you might be lucky on Berry Head Road or try around Wall Park Road (postcode TQ5 9UE).
- Dogs are banned during the summer.
- There is an open-air swimming pool at Shoalstone, east of the beach.
Beach type: shingle, pebbles, rock,
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?