Enjoy a 360 virtual tour of Shoalstone Beach & Pool a small beach and a 53m sea water swimming Pool on Brixham sea front, one of only a few left in the country. It is built into a natural rock pool that has been popular for bathing since Victorian times.
Update: 19th March 2021
- added more 360 images
The tide was out and the beach was empty so I finally had the chance to take some images on the beach. The beach here is very small and mostly surrounded with hard flat rocks.
The small amount of sand there is was already full of people when I was there, so i’ll have to head back at some point after the tourist season is over with to get some decent shots.
- Built on the site of a natural rock pool that people used for bathing in 1896. Two walls were built around some rocks to retain water for bathing at all times of the tide.
- The beach is made up of shingle and rocks with very little sand.
- The pool is replenished with fresh seawater on each high tide.
- In 1926 the Pool was altered to more or less the same shape as it is now but with a lot of bedrock removed, a gradient bottom to form a shallow and deep end with a depth twice the height of the original.
- Local people took over managing it in 2014.
- Open to the public from May to September.
- Lifeguards on duty from 10am to 6pm every day.
- Warning flags, lifebuoys, first aid, lost child centre, cafe, showers and toilets.
- Strong winds
- Unstable Cliffs
There’s often organised events during the summer months.
- Water’s Edge kiosk
- Shoals Café on the Lido
Access is from the main road to Berry Head. Berry Head Road, Brixham, TQ5 9AH.
- Car, the car park next to the pool is a pay & display with number plate recognition camera. You have 30 minutes free from upon entry of the car park to exit. Free parking is tricky, you might be lucky in Berry Head Road or nearby Wall park Road, though this this at the top of the hill.
- Bus, There is a local bus service, Bus no.17.
- Lifeguard on duty in the summer months between 10:00 – 18:00.
- There are showers available.
- You have 30 minutes free parking from upon entry of the car park to exit.
- Free parking is tricky, you might be lucky in Berry Head Road or nearby Wall park Road, though this is at the top of the hill.
- Pool is open May to September.
- Lifeguards on duty at the pool from 10am to 6pm every day.
- Dogs are allowed all year.
- Beach type: is shingle and rock.
- For more go to Shoalstonepool.com or facebook.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?