I usually stop off here at least once a year, it’s a stunning place to enjoy a pint in the sun while watching the river flow. I haven’t tried the food yet, but what I saw looked great and they were building a pizza shack.
Set in a 3 storey quarry house dating from the 18th century. It has an outside terrace with seating and views overlooking the river, including glimpses of the abbey. Inside, the warm and welcoming oak-panelled bar is spacious, with traditional furniture and a wooden floor. There is a large dining room.
- Owned by St Austell Brewery.
- Accommodation is available.
1800s, originally owned by the Priory.
- Mon – Thurs : 11.30am – 11pm
- Fri – Sat : 11.30am – 12am
- Sun : 11.30am – 11pm
This pub serves 3 regular beers.
- St Austell Abbey
- St Austell Proper Job
- St Austell Tribute
Along with indoor dining there is now a pizza shack on the terrace overlooking the river offers delicious, fresh, homemade pizzas.
- Mon – Thurs : 12 noon – 2.30pm & 6pm – 9pm
- Fri – Sat : 12 noon – 9pm
- Sun : 12 noon – 3pm & 6pm – 9pm
Each of the en suite rooms at The Abbey Inn features a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms also offer a sofa, and all benefit from views to.
- Rooms starting at £30 per night and is rated 3 stars.
- Bus, Stagecoach Gold X38 stops at the Dart Bridge just a 3 minute walk around the corner.
- Car, The easiest way to get here with a large car park on site.
- Disabled access is easy with a slope down to the pub entrance.
- Dogs are welcome they can visit the ‘Doggy Bar for freshwater and free doggy biscuits! However they do not allow dogs in the bedrooms or restaurant unless they are of course Assisted Dogs.
- Real Fire.
- Free Wifi.
- Find out more at theabbeyinn-buckfast.co.uk or on Facebook.