Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
It’s not just about the beer, music, dancing and feasting. Occombe Festival is a charity event and festival goers help some of the places we love here in Torbay. 100% of the festival profits go to Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust, who look after Berry Head, Ansteys Cove, Occombe Farm and Cockington. Sun, beer, friends and raising money for charity. Sounds like a great day to me, lets go….
Occombe Festival may have dropped ‘Beer’ from the name for 2018, but it will still remain the main feature of the event.
Occombe Festival is a two day festival, the bars operate on a token-only system. You will need to purchase drinks tokens on your way into the festival. There are no tokens included with your festival ticket. You can now buy tokens using your card in multiples of 10, but only from one cashier, the rest are cash only. The tokens desk will be open throughout the festival should you wish to top-up.
Tickets usually go on sale late March at a reduced early bird rate, however this won’t last and the price will increase nearer the event, so grab them as soon as you can.
- Early Bird Weekend Ticket £24 No booking fee.
- Weekend Ticket £30.
- Friday £13.50.
- Saturday £18.50.
- Drinks tokens cost £2.00 each, 1 token = half pint of beer or cider. 2 tokens = a pint of beer or cider, half a pint of Pimm’s or 1 glass of wine (175ml) or 1 glass of Prosecco (150ml).
The festival opens its gates at 4pm on the Friday and closes at 11pm. It reopens at 1.30pm on Saturday and closes again at 11pm.
Tickets available from Countryside Trust or pay on the door.
- 2018 – Early Bird Weekend Ticket £24 + No booking fee – Weekend Ticket £30, Friday £13.50 and Saturday £18.50 – Drinks tokens were £2.
- 2017 – Early Bird Weekend Ticket £23 + 50p booking fee – Weekend Ticket £27.50, Friday £10 and Saturday £15 – Drinks tokens were £1.90.
- 2016 – Early Bird Weekend Ticket £23 + 50p booking fee – Weekend Ticket £27.50, Friday £12.50 and Saturday £17.50 – Drinks tokens were £?.
- 2015 – Weekend Ticket £21 – Friday £10 and Saturday £16 – Drinks tokens were £?.
- 2014 – Friday £10 and Saturday £15 – Drinks tokens were £?.
- 2013 – Friday £10 and Saturday £13 – Drinks tokens were £1.75.
- 2012 – Friday £7 and Saturday £9 – Drinks tokens were £?.
- 2011 – Admission was only £5 & included a souvenir glass – Drinks tokens were £?.
There are over 40 beers and 9 ciders, for those seeking alternatives to real ales and cider, there is also Pimms, a selection of wine, Red, White & Rosé, Bays’ Devon Rock craft lager and Hunts Andsome Bay lightly sparkling cider. Plus there is a prosecco bar.
There are plenty of food stalls to choose situated behind the cider the bar from:
- Secret Kitchen
- The Pig Apple
- LG Palk Spint Roast
- Crepe Beret
- Authentic Thai Food
- South Devon Pizza Company
- Occombe Farm Cafe
- The Pastry Club
Apart from the beer, there are bands playing on the main stage throughout most of the day, usually starting out chilled working its way up to a rock band. All bads are local with most performing covers.
- If you like glitter there was a glitter tent beside the cashiers tent.
There are numerous ways, grab a lift postcode TQ3 1RN, taxi or catch a bus, but there is no car parking available anywhere on site. For more info click here
- Car, Postcode TQ3 1RN. There is no parking available onsite or on Preston Down Road. You’ll be guided into the festivals drop off and collection point.
£2.50 each or £4 return. From 2018 all tickets now include bus transport to and from the Festival.
- Departs outside Paignton Library at 3:30pm on Friday, then every half an hour.
- Departs outside Torquay Princess Theatre at 3:30pm on Friday, then every half an hour.
- Departs outside Paignton Library at 1:30pm on Saturday, then every half an hour.
- Departs outside Torquay Princess Theatre at 1:30pm on Saturday, then every half an hour
- Last bus from Occombe Farm at 11:30pm.
- Torbay Taxis: 01803 211611
- Price First Taxis: 01803 322322
- Torbay Cab Company: 01803 292292
- Riviera Taxis: 01803 212600
- Ace Taxis (Brixham): 01803 882121
- South Hams Cabs: 01803 840404
- Walk, bear in mind that the festival is at the top of hill and it can be pretty dark on the walk home.
- Tickets usually go on sale late March at a reduced early bird rate, However this won’t last and the price will increase nearer the event, so grab them as soon as you can.
- If it’s rainy, wear wellies and waterproofs. If it’s looking like it might pour down, they provide marquees and use the barns at the farm for cover, the main area has now been covered in concrete.
- Always ask for a taster and don’t be afraid to try 3 or 4 before you settle on one.
- Never ask for a full pint, you can’t over fill a pint!
- Free drinking water is provided.
- There is No cash machine at the festival.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen, if it’s a scorcher.
- No under-18s are permitted.
- For more info go to www.occombebeerfestival.co.uk
- Tickets available from Countryside Trust or pay on the door.