Tour Instructions: One click to hide/show info, double click to enter/exit full screen mode & you can pinch to zoom.
Behind the beach is Preston Green which runs the length of the beach and is a safe area for the children to have fun or play a game of football or frisbee. The long promenade provides a level walk to both ends of the beach and has brightly coloured beach huts that you can hire for the day.
Preston Sands is renowned for its many painted beach huts and is one of Torbay’s most popular beaches and a local favourite. It has a green that runs the length of the beach which is ideal for kicking a ball, throwing frisbees or just chilling and lazing in the sun. There is a small playpark in the center of the green to help keep the youngsters amused.
In 1920 two German E Boats captured in WWI were being towed to Teignmouth for scrapping. Unfortunately a storm came in and one boat the T-189 slammed into the rocks at Roundham Head and the S-24 ran aground on Preston Beach. It was later recovered and taken away.
- Rock Pooling, At low tide interesting rock pools are exposed at the northern end of the beach.
Marine Parade, Preston, Paignton Devon TQ3 2NU. Free parking can be a bit tricky nearby as there’s limited on-street parking.
- Car, Colin Road Car park is the easiest choice if no on street parking is available.
Mon-Sun – All day
1 Hour £1.00
90 Mins £1.50
2 Hours £2.50
3 Hours £4.00
4 Hours £4.50
5 Hours £5.50
24 Hours £10.00
Overnight £2.50 (In after 10:00pm, Out by 8:00am)
- Walking, It’s located along the South West Coastal Path.
- Toilets are at either end of the green.
- There are No lifeguards.
Potential tidal cut-off, strong winds.
- At low tide interesting rock pools are exposed at the northern end of the beach.
- No dogs allowed 1st May until 30th September.
Beach type: Sand.