Enjoy a 360 virtual tour of Oyster Cove a lovely little secluded beach to chillout, very popular with the locals and dog friendly. Situated just 500 metres from Goodrington Sands Beach and just a stone’s throw to Saltern Cove around the corner.
Sit back and watch as the steam train passes under the bridge on the approach to the cove.
Oyster Cove is on the coast of Torbay, south of Paignton, Devon, UK. It is one of the coves which make up the local area known as “Three Beaches” the others being Saltern Cove and Shell Cove.
- Oyster Cove lies within a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
- Torbay Council is not responsible for this beach. It is run by the Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust.
- The South West Coastal Path runs past the beach.
- Strong winds
- Tidal cut-off
- Unstable Cliffs
- Rock Pooling
There are no facilities, so bring a picnic or bbq. Just remember to clean up after yourself. There are shops, café and takeaways on nearby Dartmouth Road.
South West Coast Path, Paignton TQ4 6NJ. The beach is located along the South West Coast Path and is accessed by crossing a stone bridge over the steam train railway, then over a field and down a steep set of metal steps.
- Car, For free parking try around Oyster Bend, Horseshoe Bend or The Saddle and use the small walkway where Oyster meets Horseshoe or failing that the car park in the nearby Cliff Park Road car park with 41 spaces.
- Bus, get off the No. 12 at the shops and walk down Barn Road and turn right then left down a small pathway and across the railway bridge.
- Walking, via a field across a stone bridge over the steam train railway from the South West coast path.
- Free parking try around Oyster Bend, Horseshoe Bend or The Saddle.
- There are No lifeguards.
- There are No facilities.
- Dogs are welcome all year round.
Beach type: cove, shingle, sand, rock,
If you found this helpful, please like and follow my social pages
Click here to Explore More of the UK in 360º
Have you been to Oyster Cove? Would you recommend this beach?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I think the admin of this web site is really working hard in support of
his website, because here every stuff is quality based information.