Click for Interactive 360º
A pretty shingle beach with beautiful clear water. Sometimes spelt Elbury, this is a quiet beach with fantastic views.
It’s just a short walk from Broadsands car park around the golf course along the coastal path to get down to the beach. This is a favourite among locals. If you plan on swimming then just be aware there is a water skiing lane, so please avoid this!
Shingle beach surrounded by woodland and fields, that lies between Brixham and Paignton in Devon and part of the South West Coastal path. It is important for its eelgrass beds, breeding grounds for native seahorses, as well as mussels that are farmed in the waters nearby. At its eastern end are the ruins of Elberry bathhouse, which was built for Lord Churston in the 18th century. Standing three stories high, with the ground floor being flooded when the tide rose, the lord could swim into the sea through a gated doorway, preserving his dignity. The buildings also held a “hot-bath” room where seawater was heated and pumped in.
- Jet Ski
There are no facilities, so bring a picnic or bbq. Just remember to clean up after yourself.
- Car, free parking is tricky, you might be lucky in Brunel Rd, if not parking is available in the nearby Broadsands car park with 1000 spaces, TQ4 6HX.
- Mon-Sun 8:00am – 10:00pm
- 1 Hour £1.50
- 90 Mins £2.00
- 2 Hours £2.50
- 3 Hours £4.00
- 4 Hours £4.50
- 5 Hours £5.50
- 24 Hours £10.00
- Overnight £2.50 (Overnight: In after 10:00pm Out by 8:00am)
- Walking, with uneven paths and some steps or by boat is the only way to get down to the beach itself.
- Ample parking is available at nearby Broadsands. From here it’s just a short walk on the coastal path around the golf course.
- There are No lifeguards.
- There are No facilities.
- Dogs are welcome all year round.
Beach type: cove, shingle, pebbles, rock,